Monday, August 1, 2011

Sba loan Default; What Are My Options;

It's not hard to tell when your business is struggling. Month after month, there is not enough money to go around. Month after month, everyone gets paid but you, the person who has sacrificed everything to make this business work. When things start looking really bad, you can't even afford to pay your expenses or your own salary. At some point, you will start wondering if this business of yours is going to make it, or if it's going to limp along for a while, and eventually die a slow death.The purpose of this article is to discuss what options exist for business owners who have defaulted or are on the verge of defaulting on their Sba loan. We will cover your options if you want to stick it out and try to remain viable, if you want to pack it in, and if you just aren't sure what the heck to do.Deferments and ModificationsIf your business is struggling to meet your debt obligations, but you firmly believe that you are the victim of a temporary economic lull that the business will ultimately recover from, your best chance for relief is either a loan modification or a loan deferment. Lenders and the SBA will consider granting a modification/deferment to borrowers who they deem to be worth helping. A few factors that your lender will taking into consideration:- Have you have a modification/deferment before?- Does the business have a satisfactory repayment history prior to the current situation?- What collateral is there for the loan?- Do current cash flows demonstrate the business' ability to make the deferment/modification payment?- What steps has the business taken to rectify their current cash flow crunch (aside from asking for a deferment)?SBA Offer In Compromise (Settlement)For those who have decided that it's time to cut their losses and close up shop for good, the SBA does allow guarantors to make a settlement offer if a deficiency exists following the liquidation of loan collateral. This option is only available to businesses that have ceased operations. When considering an Offer In Compromise, keep the following in mind:- The purpose of the OIC is for the lender/SBA to recover all available funds from the guarantors without having to forcibly take the funds via litigation. This means the SBA will not arbitrarily take any amount that is offered. They will only accept offers that they feel are comparable to what they'd get through legal means.- If you plan to stay in business, debt settlement or debt reduction is not an option that the SBA will consider.- Selling business assets to another entity that you own, or to a related party in order to give the appearance of business closure can be considered to be fraudulent.- Starting a new business under a new name, but basically servicing the same customer base in order to give the appearance of business closure can be considered fraudulent.- The SBA will consider both lump sum settlements, as well as payments over time. Lump sums are generally preferred.

1 comment:


  1. EVERYBODY READ THIS TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A LEGIT AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY My name is Kjerstin Lis, I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts, everyone I met scammed and took my money until I finally met Mr, Pedro He was able to give me a loan of R 450,000.00.He also helped some other colleagues of mine. i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told myself that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wide world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need a loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i meant the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr, Pedro, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan, i invited him over to my family get-together party which he did not decline and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr, Pedro via email at (pedroloanss@gmail.com ) because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender I have ever met with a caring heart. He doesn't know that I am doing this by spreading his goodwill towards me but I feel I should share this with you all. Contact the right loan company Email via: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete